Collections & Resource Management is responsible for the acquisition, organization and maintenance of all formats of materials to meet the educational and research needs of students and faculty of Regis University on or off campus.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ordering and receipt of books in both print and electronic versions.
- Ordering, receipt, inventory, claims, and binding of print and online journals as formats dictate.
- Conducting trials, evaluating, licensing, ordering, providing access to online databases, including journal collections. Cancelling corresponding print journals as appropriate.
- Providing bibliographic control of print, media, and online resources through individual catalog records or through the maintenance of an E-management service.
- Accepting, evaluating, processing gift donations of books, journals and other materials and acknowledging the donation in the spirit in which it was given.
- Monitoring and tracking all expenditures down to the piece level and providing frequent budget reports to librarians and library administration.
- Compiling use statistics of all online resources.
- Maintaining a U.S. Federal Depository Library Program collection abiding by the laws and regulations as prescribed by the U.S. Government.