- Represents the interests of the Regis University Library to University Administration, the Regis community, and to library partners and consortia.
- Conducts budget preparation and daily/weekly/monthly/ yearly monitoring of account budgets.
- Provides monthly and annual reports.
- Oversees and promotes library faculty and staff development and applies the regulations and guidelines of the Regis University Employee Handbook and the Library Faculty Handbook.
- Creates and monitors (most) room use policies and schedules, including faculty study suites.
- Plans and coordinates exhibits in the Doyle and Margaret Hartman Gallery, and elsewhere in the Library.
- Coordinates library building needs and development with other University departments.
- Invites library user suggestions and complaints, and responds accordingly.
- Initiates library planning (annual, long range and strategic), and monitors progress.
- Manages Donor Relations (in partnership with University Relations).
Other Services to the University:
Administration Staff serve Regis University more broadly through various non-library committees, including: APPC; Staff Advisory Council; Academic Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees; numerous ad hoc committees and task forces; search committees.
Other Key Duties of the Dean of the Library:
- Oversees creation and development of the Regis University Learning Commons.
- Represents Regis on the Board of the University Press of Colorado; promotes its services to Regis faculty.
- Serves on Member Council of the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries.